Monday, December 7, 2009

Tea for Brides to Be

So I periodically get this email from Messiah.. announcing that I am invited to a Tea for Brides  to Be... well actually not me, but people just like me who just happen to be in love... and someone happens to love them back... and happened to buy them a ring, which is now worn proudly around their finger.  Congrats brides to be!!  I hope you really enjoy the tea and the chit chat with the nurse about the wedding night.

Every time that I receive this email, I want to just show up, ringless, a little greasy and in sweatpants.  I wonder what would happen.  I think it would be funny, but I am pretty sure I would offend a ton of people, so I never have.  Well my RSVP this time would be: "Really sorry I won't make it, I'll be in Spain.. maybe next time".  If there is another one in the Spring, I might not be able to resist.. I might just attend.  If I do, I will let you all know how it goes and any good tid bits that I have learned.

One of the many joys of attending a Christian college: the raise to the wedding chapel.

1 comment: