Tuesday, September 15, 2009

El Locutorio

Okay, so I don't have wifi (wee-fee) at my house.  And it is really unfortunate, but I am surviving by going to the Locutorio which is run by a family from India.  I get one hour of wifi for one euro (roughly $1.50).  It is an expense I am willing to pay though.  Anyways.  The locutorio is the only unsafe place I really go in Spain.  Last time I was here, the worker tried to bully me into paying 3 euros when I had only been there for an hour.  It was really scary.



The computers here have pictures of Indian women as their background and whenever I am skyping friends and family I notice the weird men around me looking at me or listening to my conversations.  Muy mal.  The other weird thing is that there are always these really poor girls here who video chat and sing in 
English to Americans.  




I am very suspect of all of this.  I am hoping to figure out a better place to go and use some internet, 
hopefully one that is cheaper and doesn't have pictures of Indian women, creepers and cheapskates.  Time will tell.  I will let you all know what I end up doing!

No comments:

Post a Comment