Saturday, September 5, 2009

Saturday Lasts Forever

So this is the first time in forever that I haven’t spoken English in over a day. It is very strange. My host mom goes around telling people that I don’t speak Spanish. She tells me it is easier this way. I think she is afraid that her friends will just think I am stupid if they expect too much. I walked around Barcelona honestly hoping to bump into another BCA student. If you understood the odds of that happening you would get how desperate I had become. I haven’t had internet or phone for a long long time. I got a Vodaphone SIM card today which means life is about to get better. Once I got it I was like “YES! I can go out tonight” and then I realized that I don’t have anyone’s phone number! Que triste! So Fina took me to this fiesta a fuera with carnival rides and stuff. Now we are at her son’s restaurant where I randomly ended up taking care of the bartender’s two year old. It was good except for the fact that he didn’t listen to me and would pretend like he didn’t understand what I was saying. No bueno. And then three hours later I found out that he knows English really well and was just being a pest. Whatever.

No comments:

Post a Comment